Wednesday, June 30, 2004
Tuesday, June 29, 2004
According to tickle.com, these are the results of my IQ test:
Your IQ score is 122
This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.
Your Intellectual Type is Insightful Linguist. This means you are highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind.
BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Iranian woman 'gives birth to frog'
The frog recently starred in Shrek 2 as the King, father of Princess Fiona.
Monday, June 28, 2004
Sunday, June 27, 2004
Thursday, June 24, 2004
1. I‘ve been wearing glasses since I was 15.
2. I'm not fat, I'm full of love.
3. I'm not a natural blonde.
4. I love cars.
5. I love computers. My first computer was an Atari, then a Texas Instruments and after that, I was introduced to the wonderful world of Apple by my brother in law, who gave me an Apple II.
6. I'm a lawyer for a local brokerage firm.
7. I have 5 Apple computers at home: Classic II, Performa 6290CD, iMac SE Snow, iBook, iMac SE.
8. I have 5 cats: Dax O'Ñiño, Bomba Jean, Pana de la Pista, Huracán George and Quoi Gon Jin.
9. I live with my parents.
10. I have 5 nieces and nephews: María Eugenia, José Félix, José Guillermo, Javier José and Camila María.
11. My parent's names are José Adolfo (papi) and Enedina Altagracia (mami).
12. My brothers and sisters are José Adolfo (Chachi), Fedora Julia (Judith), and Fabio Antonio (Fabio).
13. My brother and sisters in law are Silvia Margarita (Silvia), José Félix and Catalina (Kathy).
14. I share birthdays with my sister Judith. We were both born on a Friday, January 18, but exactly 12 years apart.
15. I prefer Pepsi over Coke.
16. When I was a kid, all I used to eat was french fries and fried eggs.
17. My favorite color is orange.
18. I was once involved in local politics.
19. I used to have two dogs (Sebastián and Tommy) and four turtles, but I was forced to give them away when I moved to my new apartment.
20. I have an iMac-shaped aquarium (I have fish).
21. I hate spicy food.
22. I love my family above all, but bellow God.
23. I'm Catholic.
24. I can speak spanish, english and french.
25. My friends are one of the most important things for me.
26. About a year ago I had a fight with 2 of my best friends and haven't spoken to them since (I miss them, though).
27. I'd rather eat junk food.
28. I used to practice judo, piano and ballet.
29. I love music.
30. I'm very shy and not outgoing.
31. I love to party!
32. I'm a trekkie.
33. I'm a TV buff.
34. I love gadgets.
35. I love sushi.
36. I despise tequila.
37. I'm very loyal.
38. When I was a kid I wanted to be a vet.
39. I suck my thumb.
40. After high school graduation, I spent a summer at Quebec studying french.
41. I was my high school's girl volleyball team captain.
42. I'm very disorganized, but I know my way around my mess.
43. I have traveled all over my country.
44. I hate to shower with cold water.
45. I'm afraid of death.
46. On January 9, 1999, I had back surgery to remove a herniated lumbar disk.
47. I'm afraid of roaches.
48. Porn disgusts me.
49. I love playing computer and video games.
50. I love amusement parks.
51. I love watching cartoons.
52. Madonna is my idol.
53. I have never done drugs.
54. I've been drunk countless times.
55. I love ketchup but hate tomatoes.
56. I hate to be alone, but love to have my space (weird, huh?).
57. I've never cheated on a boyfriend.
58. Madonna is my favorite artist.
59. John Grisham is my favorite author.
60. I write short stories as a hobby, but I have never shown them to anybody.
61. I'm a sci-fi fan.
62. I love going to the movies.
63. I've never stolen anything.
64. Sometimes I tend to be a control freak.
65. I'm very patient.
66. I've broken my right ankle 3 times.
67. I love to drive around.
68. When I was a kid, I used to wrestle with my brother Fabio.
69. I used to be a tomboy.
70. I'd rather wear jeans and t-shirts all the time (sometimes even a baseball cap).
71. I totally love chick flicks.
72. I sing while driving in my car.
73. I forgive, but don't forget.
74. I'm extremely patient.
75. I love to sleep.
76. I'm a personal hygiene freak.
77. I'm very responsible.
78. I love to travel and do so as often as I can.
79. When I was three my dog Tufi bit off a chunk of my upper lip. I have a little scar, which almost no one notices.
80. My family and childhood friends call me Eny, everyone else calls me Enedina.
81. My mom and I share the name title and name (but the last names are backwards).
82. I love nature.
83. When I feel sad, I like to go to the beach by myself.
84. I feel attracted to the moon.
85. If I can't find it, it's not online.
86. I believe in miracles.
87. I believe in extraterrestrial life.
88. Once, I was "the other woman".
89. I've been involved with younger men.
90. I prefer japanese cars.
91. I enjoy shopping online, but hate going shopping.
92. I had my first kiss at 15.
93. I've had many cars: a 1980 Toyota Celica (called "Herminia" in honor of a local whore house, it was called that because it was always full of women!); a 1980 Mazda 929 (called "la Hormiguita" or Little Ant because it was my father's car and he drives so slooooooooww); a 1980 Renault 12TL (called "Merito" because it used to belong to my uncle Merito); a 1987 Mazda B2000 cab plus pickup truck (called "La Super Camioneta" or the super pickup because we used to have so much fun there); my current 1998 Honda CR-V (called "La Super Jeepioneta" because it's a jeep and a pickup), and my latest addition is a 1980 Volkswagen Cabriolet (my project car still in the works).
94. I love to spend Sundays at home, cuddling with my cats. Oh yes, I love to cuddle.
95. My first job was at the Dominican Congress.
96. I've never lived by myself.
97. I don't have kids of my own, I've never been married and I was once engaged.
98. I hate betrayal.
99. When I grow up, I wanna be rich.
100. I have a secret I've never told anyone, and never will.
Wednesday, June 23, 2004
Dedicado a Loli y nuestra conversación de anoche...
(de un email enviado por Ivonne)
La vida empieza después de los 30...
¡20! ¡Por fin! Cumpliste los veinte y te sientes la ultima Coca-Cola del desierto... ¡Eres otro pedo! ¿Qué más puedes pedir? Tu piel parece de durazno y aunque te comes doce tacos de chicharrón, a tu figura no le sobra nada, te das el lujo de tener 4 novios y bailar y desvelarte y sigues siendo la misma muñeca al otro día.
¡21! Eres la mujer mas deseada por los hombres (sobre todo por los mayores de 30). Además te llueven las propuestas matrimoniales.
¡22! Comienza tu periodo laboral (y curiosamente con él, tus crisis económicas). Pero, qué más da, si dentro de poco te van a sacar de trabajar, ¿o no?
¡23! Aunque aun no has dejado de trabajar, ya puedes presumir que tienes las manos llenas de billetes (¡Total!, ¿qué importa que sean propiedad del Banco en donde trabajas?).
¡24! ¡Ah, qué felicidad! Has encontrado a tu príncipe azul, así que no tarda la hora en que tu dedo anular luzca una hermosa argolla de matrimonio.
¡25! ¡Oh decepción! Has extraviado a tu príncipe azul (aquel al que sus papás obligaron a hacer una maestría........ en el extranjero).
¡26! Empiezas a preocuparte (todas tus amigas se están casando y tu galán, sí, el mismo que se fue al extranjero no da señales de vida).
¡27! Empiezas a despreocuparte, que importa si no te has casado al fin la mayoría de tus amigas ya se están divorciando y lo peor, las están engañando.
¡28! Te entra el pánico. Acabas de descubrir que los doce tacos de chicharrón que te devorabas a los veinte años, ya están haciendo estragos en tu figura, ¿no será que estás embarneciendo? ¡Y empiezan las dietas que no te sirven mas que para pura chingada!
¡29! ¡Horror! Ya averiguaste que no eras la última , el galán no aparece (¿será que tiene que repetir otros cinco años de maestría? ¡el pendejo!). Y ya son menos los hombres que vuelven el rostro para mirarte, ni siquiera los rabo verde, puro chopo feo se te acerca… y sigues mejor sola...
¡30! ¡El colapso total! Pero no te preocupes, la mejor etapa sexual, laboral, mental y económica de la mujer comienza a los treinta.
DESPUÉS DE LOS 30's.....
1. Si eres soltera, lejos de perder el tren te estás ahorrando un divorcio y tal vez un parto o dos o tres no deseados. ¡Qué maravilla! Ahora tus amigas son divorciadas, o dejadas, o engañadas, gordas, llenas de niños o no pueden salir porque el marido no las deja. ¡Qué pena!
2. Haz cuentas, tus pretendientes realmente de valor los estas consiguiendo ahora, antes eran niños estúpidos, ahora tus pretendientes te dan buenos regalos, te llevan de viaje, te llevan a buenos lugares, ¡hasta dinero te dan, dizque para que no batalles! ¿Qué tipo de tipos querían contigo a los 20's? (el hombre casado, el papá de tu amiga, el huevón afuera del colegio).
3. Ellos no te eligen..... la que elige eres TÚ (hablando de hombres y de empleos). Ya no te vas con cualquier estúpido que te hable bonito, hasta te ríes de ellos cuando tiran su rollo, ahora buscas a un tipo que sea inteligente... y que dure más de 5 minutos en la cama, te olvidas del típico que te dice: Es que el primero siempre es así de rápido, ¡pero espérate al segundo y no te la vas a acabar! y el segundo nunca llega.
4. Pesa más tu inteligencia intelectual y experiencia sexual que tu peso en kilos... te sabes el kamasutra mejor que el que lo escribió.... ¡Ah coño!
5. El "que dirán" baja del 1 al -18 en tus prioridades... te importa un pito lo que piensan tus vecinos, tus padres y hasta tus amigos, es más, hasta disfrutas haciendo cosas que antes no hacías.
6. Tienes armas para descubrir mentiras y dejar cabrones sin caer en depresión. Ahora lo que no te mata te hace más fuerte. (Muy bueno)
7. ¡No extrañas el uniforme colegial ni tus jeans de carajita cuando te enfundas en cualquier ropa de marca comprada con tu dinero no comprada con el dinero de tus padres! ¡O de tu marido!
8. La seguridad, autosuficiencia y autoestima después de los 30 no las compras con nada, la palabra COMPLEJO pasó de moda.
9. Estás lista para enamorarte de quién tu quieras, elegir a unos dos o tres tipos sin compromisos, solo para pasar el rato, embarazarte y mantener a tu hijo cuando tú lo decidas...además no necesitas de un cabrón para que vea por tu hijo, hoy en día son mejores las madres solteras que madres engañadas... lo que es más, ¡No por 1 libra de longaniza tienes que cargar con el cerdo entero!
10. Adoras a tus padres, aprecias las leyes de la sociedad pero.... ¡QUE SE JODAN! ...... NADA TE DETIENE... ¡ERES ÚNICA!, LAS NIÑAS DE 20 YA QUISIERAN TENER TU INDEPENDENCIA, TU EXPERIENCIA SEXUAL ES LO MÁXIMO, CADA VEZ QUIERES PROBAR MAS COSAS, ANTES NO SABIAS NADA DE SEXO, Y PEOR NO SALÍAS SI NO TE DABAN PERMISO... ¿VERDAD QUE LA VIDA EMPIEZA DESPUÉS DE LOS 30's?
This is my building's new generator schedule:
7:00 am - 8:30 am
10:00 am - 10:30 am
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
7:30 pm -12:00 am
Notice I won't have any electricity after midnight...
And this is my work schedule:
9:00 am -1:30 pm
3:00 pm -5:00 pm
Notice how they don't match?
There will be no social life for me... no good mornings or good nights... NO LIFE!
Tuesday, June 22, 2004
Tiffany sues eBay in counterfeit items suit | CNET News.com
I don't think eBay is liable, but I'm no international legal expert. What do you think?
Monday, June 21, 2004
Total failure. Yes, we (by we I mean Carlos and I) went geocaching to Juan Dolio, but we couldn't find the cache. It was getting dark and we were in the middle of a small forrest, so I got kinda scared and told Carlos it was better if we left. Our only protection was my stun gun (I believe it's batteries are dead), and since the crime wave has risen in the past few weeks, I just wanted to get home.
We had lunch-dinner at Boca Marina, a restaurant on the shores of Boca Chica beach. After dinner, we sat and talked for a while. It was getting even darker, and I wanted to go to the movies, so we left around 7:30 p.m.
When we got to Santo Domingo we picked up Jose and Javier, two of my nephews, and went to see Shrek 2. It was hilarious! I had so much fun. I'll post a review later today, I'm kinda busy right now.
Sunday, June 20, 2004
There's no electricity, our emergency generator is out of gas and some tennants in my building have not paid their maintenance, so it will not be turned on today. I'm at my sister's printing a cache's coordinates here in Juan Dolio, a beah nearby. I'm going to the beach to look for it. Maybe I'll get something to eat at the beach, at Neptuno's or Pelicano, two very good restaurants in Boca Chica, another beach. I'M IN A BAD MOOD! I'll post the results of my geocaching when I get back and IF THERE'S ANY ELECTRICITY IN THIS HELL OF A COUNTRY.
Friday, June 18, 2004
Yes, I know. I've been naughty. I haven't had time to write anything in the past two weeks, but you've got to understand I've had too much work to deal with. Besides, I have also been busy geocaching with my nephew Jose ever since Wednesday, and whenever I get home there's no electricity to turn on computer.
Yes, your read right, the blackouts are getting worse. I believe our current president is getting back at the whole country for not voting for him. And what is worse, people actually do believe things are going to get better as soon as the new president is sworn in. Hello????? Change takes time, specially when things are as bad as they are now.
Tuesday, June 15, 2004
I recently swapped a box of cigars for a gmail invite. Now it's my chance to be in the inviting seat. What I ask in return is quite simple. When I was in high school (a not-so-long time ago) I read a poem by E. E. Cummings. If I remember correctly, the poem was about some clothes in a machine washer. Of course, you could only tell that after studying the poem, because it was kind of misleading at first. The person who tells me the name of the poem and posts a copy of it here gets a gmail invite.
Monday, June 14, 2004
I'm sitting at my desk, with my jacket off, having a coke and writing on my blog. Why? Because I can't take it anymore. It's hot as hell! Blackouts are driving me insane! The local generators say the government hasn't paid them, the government says they don't owe the generators. In the meantime, we are getting no more than 4 hours of electricity a day. Gas prices are very high and emergency generators (or "plantas" as we call them down here), do suck a lot of gas when they work for 20 hours straight (Emergency?). This also strains the plantas and fixing them up is very expensive. For instance, in my building we have established a schedule for the planta. We turn it off at 10 am and turn it on at 1 pm. Then off again at 3pm and on again at 6 pm. Finally, off at 1 am and on at 5 am. This means that from 1 am to 5 am I GET NO SLEEP WHATSOEVER! Last night I disconnected my computer from the ups and connected a little fan I'd bought at Brookstone a while ago. At least it was not that hot, but still... nights are horrible.
Same goes here at the office. Since we can't afford to turn the planta off, we have 2 different generators: a big one and a small one. The thing is, since this has been going on for a while now, the big one has been taken offline and the small one doesn't move the ac units. Windows are scarce... just imagine. 8 hours a day with no air AT ALL. I brought my little fan this afternoon, but it hasn't made much difference.
HAVE PITY ON US! WE ARE MELTING!
Wednesday, June 09, 2004
SCIFI.COM | 5ive Days to Midnight
I've been watching this miniseries for the past couple of days. Being a sci-fi fan, I specially like things related to time travel and all that. Hence why I've really liked this mini series.
It just dawned on me. Maybe he sent himself the briefcase. After all, it has his name written on it and a combinatiom only he could know. That's right, he sent it to himself from the future. It's like it happened in "Bill & Ted's", they reminded themselves to do things in the future so that they would appear in the past, which was their present. I know it's complicated, but it's actually pretty cool.
Sunday, June 06, 2004
MSN Entertainment - News - Reports: J.Lo Marries Singer Marc Anthony
Bi-otch! The corpse of his dead marriage isn't cold yet, and they marry! His divorce was official on Wednesday! That's why she broke up with Ben, he didn't want to marry her! Oh boy!
BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
Just in the time for the launch of SciFi Channel's new series "Stargate: Atlantis".
Saturday, June 05, 2004
MSN Entertainment - News - Ben Again
I don't know about you, but I am sure happy this whole Bennifer breakup happened. She was just too trashy for him. Don't get me wrong, I like her. It's just that she's got "too many miles" on her speedometer for him. She's going to make a great couple with Marc Anthony (after she broke up his marriage and made him come to the DR to get a quickie divorce). Whatever.
Friday, June 04, 2004
Thursday, June 03, 2004
On Tuesday afternoon I was surprised to see that the local authorities had finally replaced the traffic light that was eaten by the giraffe. Good job guys! It only took you, what, 3 weeks to do it? That’s an improvement! I must say, though, that traffic was actually more fluid when the light was missing…
Wednesday, June 02, 2004
My buddies from Biaggi & Messina> (my previous job) were home last night. We threw a BBQ party in honor of Monica. Thanks to Alex, food was great and we had a really good time, although we must remind Sara that the garlic in the garlic bread MUST be pre-cooked. Godzilla lives!